Saturday, December 18, 2010

Thanksgiving

We got to have lots of visitors for Thanksgiving this year!
Jason and Marcie came up from Mississippi to spend the week with us, and the Ingram's came on Thanksgiving.

We had quite the full house, and way too much food, but it was wonderful!
I loved planning our menu, and finding some good recipes to try out.

I had planned to spread out my cooking over the week, but of course that didn't happen.
Andy and I made and prepared about half our food Wednesday evening, and then finished everything on Thursday.

We had 10 kids in our house, so I tried to find something fun and Thanksgiving-ish to entertain them.
I came across these cute turkeys, and we sat the kiddos down to make them.
They had so much fun!





Just look at the big smiles!


The boys sat, eating appetizers and talking about work (do men ever talk about anything else when they get together?) while we worked on the turkeys.

Almost done... Not quite as cute as the sample, but fun anyway.  The kids could not wait to eat them!





And finally, it was dinner time!  We actually had seating (with the help of our outside-kid's picnic table, and kids play table from the basement) for all 16 people in our small kitchen!



Of course, the actual meal didn't even compare to the lure of those oreo and candy turkeys!
The kids devoured them!


Cayden named his turkey Oscar Hunt, in honor of his friend Oscar Ingram (sitting next to him).
He still ate the turkey, though.





Mason got admirably messy; good thing it's so cute on a 2-year old!


And we had our Thanksgiving artwork to decorate the house.


Lillian was pretty proud of her turkey.
I thought it was pretty cute too.


And we can always trust Cayden to contribute to the artwork.

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving!
I hope you did too.

No comments: