Lillian had her Valentine's Day party in her pre-school class today and came home with a bag full of treasures, which she naturally threw all over the floor.
Amongst the spoils were ring suckers, valentines, candy and stickers.
After inhaling all the candy and treats (no, we don't believe in moderation in OUR family...) she came up to me with bits of sucker and stickers in her hair asking for the 'car's tu-tu'.
What?!?
I have never heard of a tu-tu for a car. Why would a car have a tu-tu? Of course I brush her off, thinking that if I have no idea what she's saying, it obviously isn't worth paying attention to.
A few minutes later she comes back holding a Lightning McQueen valentine, asking for that dang tu-tu again! Well, I pull a sticker out of her hair. Lo-and-behold it happens to be one of the cars from the movie. This apparently was what she was looking for. But I still have no idea how this could be construed as a tu-tu. Whatever Lillian...
Minutes later she comes back to me with a sopping piece of tissue, wiping it all over the 'sticker' on her hand. Hmm... *Light-bulbs go off* It's a TATTOO, not a TU-TU!
This daughter of mine can make ANYTHING burly and manly into something girly! But it was kind of fun picturing cars driving down the road with a frilly pink tu-tu around their middles.
1 comment:
Car tutus indeed. So when will you know if you are coming to our side of the world. In a funny twist of fate, MY plan for Nathan involves going to Walter Reed next....we'll be here through summer 2011 though, so you have time to see Korea if you come to Asia.love, k.
Post a Comment