So I told Cayden and Ashton at the beginning of the Summer that they were going to be responsible for folding and putting away their own clothes.
Ashton has been wanting to fold for awhile, and who am I to turn down offers for help?
Cayden, lucky kid, gets to go along for the ride.
They both agreed to the new system, but when it came down to it, I still expected nagging from me followed by complaints from them.
But they surprised me - NO COMPLAINTS!
Yippee!
We've had a couple of cycles now, and they've done great!
The other day, though, Ashton asked why Lillian didn't have to fold her own laundry.
I told her that she JUST started folding her own laundry and 6, and certainly wasn't doing it herself when she was only 3!
They've become expert folders already.
Cayden even laid his neatly in piles: shirts, pants, pajamas, underwear - just like I do.
I guess kids really do learn more than you think, just by watching what you do.
I think getting rid of Cayden and Ashton's folding has shaved off 30 minutes from my own weekly 2-hour laundry folding marathon.
I'm OK with that.
No comments:
Post a Comment