Friday, July 9, 2010

A Whole Lot of Dance

This past year Ashton and Lillian have both been taking combo Ballet/Tap classes, and of course the end of the year means RECITALS!

And lots of them, in our case.

The studio split the dance classes into two different recitals held June 27.
Ashton was in the morning recital, and Lillian was in the afternoon.

Andy was so excited...

The girls both did really well, but after Ashton's almost 4 hour recital, everyone was pretty drained.
I knew this would be the case, so I had gotten a babysitter to stay home with Cayden, Ashton and Mason while Andy and I took Lillian to her recital.

Each of my girls got to dance 2 different dance - 1 tap and 1 ballet.  Their costumes were pretty much the same, except that they changed their skirts and the color of their tights.
For ballet they got to wear their big, puffy tu-tus, and tap was a smaller skirt.

And lucky us, the recitals were EXACTLY the same each time!


Ashton is such a cheese for the camera!  She always has to strike her pose when I take a picture of her.


Here's Ashton with some of her friends, in between dances.

Poor Lillian was pretty exhausted when it was time for her recital.
I couldn't even get her to stand up for me so I could take a full-length picture!
But at least she was still happy and cooperative.


Lillian's dances weren't until the VERY end of the show.
She sat the whole time backstage coloring and watching movies with the other girls.


We did get a cute group picture with Lillian's class.  They were so cute!


I wish I had been able to get a picture of the two of them together in their costumes, but because they were in two seperate shows and our day was seriously crazy making it to both, we just didn't have the opportunity.
Better luck next time, I suppose...

Both my girls said that their favorite part of the recitals were wearing make-up and getting a rose at the end.
Who knew they'd be so easy to please?

2 comments:

Julie said...

Haha... I can totally believe Andy's excitement. ;) Jake will miss Addie's first recital next year while he's deployed. :(

Christi said...

We bailed on Ellie's recital this year...I was afraid I would be a psycho stage mom. :) Glad your girls had fun, you've inspired me to give it a go next year.