July 5 (I know, I know - over a month ago) we loaded up in the car to meet the Auger's for a trip to the Natural History Museum; minus Andy, who was working on a paper at home, and Mason, who I didn't want to drag around without Andy.
All I knew was that this museum would have DINOSAURS!, so that alone would make it a hit for the kids. I had no idea that they would find the crystals, rocks and minerals and the fake stuffed, er replicas, of mammals and fish just as fascinating. This museum was a hit all around. So much so that we had to take another trip 3 days after. But more on that later...
First we had lunch (expensive lunch, but is there any other kind in a museum?), of course...
The kid crew: Lillian, Jacob, Cayden, Ashton, Addison, and Isaac
Now it's off to the dinosaurs!
Very crowded...
The Hope Diamond - oh, sparkly!
The girls were excited about this crystal because it was big and purple, AND they were allowed to climb all over it.
My silly kids, they never can pose naturallly. Well, Cayden looks normal...
Most of the kids were winding down at this point, but Cayden really wanted to go through the Ice Age room. So we took a quick run through, and spotted some of his favorite things - the Wooley Mammoth and a Sabortooth Squirrell (or whatever it was...).
(Yes, I was there too. Ashton took my picture, but mostly caught her own finger...)
One trip through the Ocean Animals,
and we were done for the day.
Time for ice cream treats,
and chasing the pigeons.
We headed back to the metro for our trip home.
It was a HOT and crowded day on the Mall. I was glad the metro was air-conditioned!
Fun times.
No comments:
Post a Comment