We're having a boy!
Our little guy is definitely showing off! But that's OK, Cayden was the same way.
It's funny because our three girls were much more demure.
All the ultrasound techs with the girls each said some variation of "I'm not 100% sure, but you're probably having a girl".
We had our ultrasound for baby #5, or MYSTERY as the kids call it (because we don't know it's name yet), August 5. Andy came home from work early, and we took all the kids to our appointment.
Andy wasn't so sure if this was a good idea because the kids all thought we were having a boy, and Cayden had his heart set on having a brother. If it turned out to be a girl Andy was afraid there might be some tears. But I figured they'd be interested anyway.
And we're having a boy! It was fun to have all the kids there for that, and they were (somewhat) interested to see the baby, and it's bones moving around on the screen.
I'll admit it (and I think Andy would too), I wanted a boy.
I would have loved a girl. I thought wanted Mason to be a boy before we found out she was a girl (but deep down I knew she was a girl), especially when we thought she'd be our last baby.
But I can't imagine Mason any other way, or life without her. I love that she's a girl, and that my girls get to have sisters.
I just wanted Cayden to have a brother too.
He wanted one so badly.
But we didn't decide to have a 5th baby just to give Cayden a brother. We knew it could go either way.
We figured we'd love whatever baby we got. But that five babies would be it for us.
Andy and I always thought we just wanted four kids.
Immediately after Lillian was born and I held her for the first time, I felt overwhelmingly blessed - but also a little sad that we'd only do this one more time.
That's probably when I first considered having five kids, not that I would admit to it for a long time! I even convinced myself that Mason was our last because I felt ready to be done and move onto something else. Andy was OK being done too.
But our kids weren't.
Cayden, Ashton and Lillian all talked about when their other brother was going to come.
"The next baby is going to be a brother," they'd say.
I didn't have the heart to tell them that there may not be another baby.
But Andy and I just couldn't officially say that we were done.
Once Mason was about 18 months old, we seriously started considering whether we should have another one or not. We came to the conclusion that if we didn't, we may end of regreting it. But we would never regret having that baby.
Andy and I both thought all along that I was pregnant with another boy, but we didn't want to come out and say it. Really, there's no way to know. Of course, the kids had no problem saying it right out. No matter how much we'd try to tell them that it could be a girl also, they knew it was a boy.
I cried when the ultrasound tech said we were having a boy.
A cheesy reaction, I know. I felt kind of stupid because I know I would have been happy with a girl, too.
But I think Heavenly Father has guided us in the decision, and in creating our family. And we'd all felt that there was another boy waiting for us. I guess this was validation of our faith.
It seems a silly little thing, maybe, but it feels like another instance where Heavenly Father was watching over our family, and blessing us with what we needed.
And we are blessed.
I'm getting excited to meet this new little boy!


3 comments:
I love this story! I can't wait to meet this little boy... and know his name, too! ;)
What a wonderful entry to read! I can't wait to meet "Mystery" =)
That's such a sweet story...and I'm so glad Cayden will have a brother. Congrats!
Post a Comment