Way back in February we visited an Engineering Fair in DC and discovered the fun of paper rockets and a plastic bottle. Andy shared the idea with his Dad, who then improved it (of course) and passed it along to all the cousins who came over the summer. He even built an official launch pad for the kids paper rockets, and atatched it to 2-liter bottles to make the rockets fly even higher.
This, of course, was a hit with ALL the kids, big and small alike.
He packed up the supplies and brought them along to the reunion, to add to our fun.
Andy, Cayden and Mason creating their rockets.
Grandpa Ron demonstrating.
(I wish I could have gotten a picture of the launch, and how high they went! It was amazing; the rocket went so fast, and HIGH!)
Ashton and Emily prepping hers.
Lillian stomping hers.
Joe and Torie, the photography crew.
Although all the rockets had good flights, I think Grandpa's did the best. His shot straight up in the air, and came straight back down, almost right where it was shot from.
We were all impressed.
No comments:
Post a Comment