While my parents were visiting we also got the chance to go to Annapolis, MD.
I'd been wanting to go ever since we moved here, but hadn't gotten around to it yet.
(We have lots of things we haven't gotten around to doing yet; I don't know why it takes having people come visit for us to do things... Oh well, we LOVE visitors!)
Last fall Andy drove out on a Sunday afternoon with our older kids to scout out some locations for the Admiral, but I had stayed home while Mason (and I) took a nap.
He was really impressed and we've kept saying we needed to go.
Originally my mom and I thought it would be fun to up to Baltimore to see the Ace of Cakes bakery, but when we looked it up online we found that it isn't an actual bakery, and visitors are not allowed. So the alternate plan was Annapolis.
And it was so beautiful! Such a picturesque and charming little town, right on the Chesapeake.
Unfortunately, we only had a limited amount of time on our excursions, just while my two big kids are in school, but we still had fun.
Here are a slew of pictures from our wanderings:

Some things I learned on our trip:
Annapolis is the capital of Maryland. Don't know why I didn't know that...
AND it was actually the Nation's capital for about a year. Crazy.
Oh, and it has the oldest statehouse in the country.
It is a pretty building.
*Love, love, LOVED the red brick sidewalks and streets.

Some things I learned on our trip:
Annapolis is the capital of Maryland. Don't know why I didn't know that...
AND it was actually the Nation's capital for about a year. Crazy.
Oh, and it has the oldest statehouse in the country.
It is a pretty building.
Having gone to the Naval Academy is very prestigious if you're in the Navy.
However, I almost feel sorry for those guys because they have 4 years of military service while in school, with none of the benefits. Those 4 years don't even count towards a military retirement.
Whereas Andy had two years of his school at CSU with full military benefits, AND they count towards his retirement. I kind of think he got the better deal!
But the Naval Academy is still pretty cool.
Now we'll have to go back and really spend some time.
I saw quite a few cute little restaurants and shops that were calling my name...
3 comments:
That sounds like so much fun! Joe will be back there in November so you will have to let us know where you are at and how to get a hold of you so he can come chat!! Cross your fingers we get sent there next!!!!!
sounds like a great little vacation! i soooo wish you and your family could have come out for grandpa's funeral... it would have been great to see you. it's been what, years? you and your family are darling april!
You are just the traveling family. That is awesome! I can't wait to see where you go on your next adventure.
Post a Comment