Monday, October 25, 2010

I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ, of Latter Day Saints


Cayden was baptized September 11.

Such a special moment for our family.
And it was so wonderful for Cayden to have both sets of his Grandparents there.  He even gave them assignments during the Baptismal program!

I was so proud and my heart so full to see Cayden and Andy together, dressed in white.

The girls were so excited for their brother, and so proud of him too!

At one point I looked up at Cayden, (he and Andy were sitting on the front row, and we were in the back) and he just beamed at me.  He looked so happy and excited.

It was great for me to see that, because he is really one to hold his feelings on the inside.  I knew he was looking forward to getting baptized, but he was also really nervous.
Earlier that week he had been acting out a little bit, so I sat down and had a talk with him, and it turned out that he had been feeling a lot of pressure over the baptism, because he's the oldest in our family.

It's got to be hard to be the first one to do everything.

So I was so happy to see him happy.
He knew that he was making the right choice and that was what Heavenly Father wanted him to do.

Such a sweet boy.

I'm very thankful that Andy's parents and my parents were both able to spend the weekend with us.
We're lucky to be part of two such amazing families.


1 comment:

Laurie said...

Yay Cayden! So proud of him!