Cayden participated in his first Pinewood Derby this weekend.
He and Andy spent the previous Saturday building his car, a replica of Lightening McQueen.
Andy loves doing this kind of thing, and Cayden really got into it too and was out there all day helping.
The only problem after that was keeping the car away from Cayden so he wouldn't play with it before the race! He was pretty dang excited.
His car lost it's first race because one of the wheels was crooked and it was rubbing against the side of the track. I was little concerned about what his reaction was going to be because he was so excited, and he can be really sensitive, but he did a good job, and took it with grace.
| Getting excited, watching his car race. |
| And the race! |
Our whole family went to the race; I think the girls were just as excited as Cayden and cheered his car on.
Once I saw that he'd not be too disappointed when his car lost, I quite paying attention to how much his won or lost, so I was really surprised when all the races were done, and Cayden's was tied with another with the most points!
They ran two more races against each other, and Cayden ended up being the winner.
Wahoo!
What fun.
Our cub scout leaders did a really nice job putting this whole thing together. They had race flags and banner all over the place, and really made the boys feel like they did a good job. Everyone had a good time, and it was a lot of fun to see the cars that the other boys had built.
Cayden sure is enjoying Cub Scouts!
No comments:
Post a Comment