Valentine's Day is never a big deal for us, so I don't spend too much time thinking about it or planning for it.
Usually I try to make some heart cookies to send in to work with Andy, and do a little something for the kiddos.
This year I wanted to try this idea I had seen for some really delicious looking chocolate dipped sugar cookies.
Here's my version:
They were a hit! I loved that they were so easy to package and send in.
Although I think I like the taste of frosting better (I know! *gasp* Me, prefering frosting to chocolate?!? Surprised me too!), these still were very tasty, and looked much better than my frosted cookies.
Our kids have been begging for pillow pets for awhile now, and all had them on their wish lists for Christmas.
I hated the very thought of them. A big, obnoxious stuffed animal that was going to get all dirty and gross from being dragged around the house. And of course, I'd have the be the one to pick them up and put them away.
Well, the kids were so disappointed (and there was a sale at the mall) that I caved, and bought them for Valentine's Day.
Ash got a bumblebee, Lills a pink ladybug, Mason a cow, Cayden a water buffalo (I thought it was a ram, but everyone else said buffalo), and Colten got a mini lion.
And I admit it, they are pretty soft and cute. And the kids love them.
But I am constantly picking them up and putting them away.
However, we had to tell Cayden that Colten's was COLTEN'S, and was not to be taken from his room. Otherwise it would be taken over by the big brother, like many things have been...
Andy also surprised me earlier in the day by lining up a babysitter and taking me out to lunch. He came home from work with roses, and gave me the most beautiful pearl necklace.
What a sweetie.
1 comment:
Those Valentine cookies look awesome! I'll have to try that if I can remember next year. :)
And our kids have been begging for pillow pets, too. But I haven't caved. Yet. :)
Post a Comment