Monday, February 28, 2011

Happy Birthday to Asher-dee!

Ashton's such a cute girl.
In some ways, she is such and old soul.
She's very caring and responsible, but I can still hardly believe she's 7 years old already!


She had a day off school on her birthday, so she got to spend the whole day playing with her friends.
That, in itself, made the day for her!




Other than that, we didn't do too much.  We were watching my friend's kids that day, so we hung out at home all day while I made her cake.  Andy came home from work early and wrapped the presents.

Asher requested tacos for dinner, and then we went out for her birthday dinner at Red Robin the next night.

She's holding up 7 fingers while holding her brother.
 Ashton's asked for a Red Velvet cake for her past three birthdays, but this year she actually wanted to make it into a butterfly.  I figured we could give it a try!


But as so often it happens with my cakes, it kind of fell apart.  I didn't even bother frosting the sides because the whole thing was crumbling away.  Oh well, it was still pretty good.


All the cute kids, gathered around the presents.


And all Ashton's loot, dumped on the floor.


I think she was pretty pleased with her birthday.
She's such a little sweetie.

I just hope the next 7 years don't go faster than the past 7 years have.
Any chance of that happening?

Happy Birthday, my sweet girl!


2 comments:

Hayley said...

The cake looks great! I hope it was yummy! Cute girl! Cute kids!

Bethany said...

Wait a minute. . . isn't this the baby girl that was born at CECOS? Holy smokes. I can't believe it was that long ago. She's still as beautiful as can be.