Cayden had an assignment in school to choose and animal and create a diorama of it in its habitat, and then give a report on some of its natural adaptations.
Honestly, this was the kind of assignment that I HATED when I was in school, and that I've dreaded now that I have kids in school to help!
But I should have known better with my little artist, animal-lover son.
This one was right up his alley.
He choose the animal, and I went to buy supplies.
He was given a good 2 or 3 weeks for this project, and was so excited that he wanted to get started right away. I had him research blue whales online, and he wrote a whole-page front and back report on what he had learned. Wow. That was a little more than what I had in mind, but he was really interested.
He was pretty proud of his work, and so excited to present it to the class.
I think his favorite part, though, was sculpting a blue whale out of modeling clay.
We found a picture, and he made it all by himself.
His sisters were quite impressed. As were Andy and I.
I'm glad that he can really get into these things because it certainly makes my job a little bit easier!
And he got an 'A'.
Good job Cayden!
No comments:
Post a Comment