Friday, April 8, 2011

Field Trip with First Grade

In March I got to go on a Field Trip with Ashton's class to Mount Vernon.

She was SO excited for me to come.

I had a hard time finding someone who could stay with Lillian, Mason and Colten so that I could spend the whole day with Ashton, but she's wanted me to go on a field trip with her class all year, and I hadn't gotten picked yet.  (Usually there are so many parents who sign up to go that the teachers have to hold a lottery to choose which parents can come.)

I always wanted my mom to be able to come on field trips with me too, so I'm glad that it all worked out and I could go with her.







The teacher divided the class, and each parent was responsible for six kids, and we were able to go where ever we wanted.  Our group was pretty good, but they were all so excited, and there were so many other school groups there, that they kept me on my toes, making sure I had them all with me!

We've been to Mount Vernon a few times recently, but this time they had some special events going on that made it fun to go again.

The kids got to place carnations by George and Martha's tombs.


They got to participate in some colonial events, and see how things were done on the farms at that time.


All the volunteers were dressed their parts, and even spoke using colonial language. 
It made it a little hard for the kids to understand everything, and I did my best to interpret!


Despite everything going on, I think all the kids enjoyed running around and playing near the river the best.  They seemed to think it would be fun to swim there. 
I'm glad they didn't try.


We had a great time, and I had fun hanging out with the First Graders!

But now Cayden's asking me to go on a field trip with his class, too...

(I'm glad they want me.)

No comments: