Monday, May 2, 2011

Fridays

I love, love, love Fridays!

Lillian goes to preschool Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for four hours, but it takes us 20 minutes to get to her preschool.  So by the time I buckle three little kids in the car, drive to her school, get the kids out of the car, take her into class, put the two little kids back in the car, drive home and take them out of the car it takes a whole hour. 
Then, 3 hours later we have to do it again.

So despite the long time she's at school, I really don't have time to do much when I have to factor in the eating and sleep schedules of a 4 month old baby.

So I LOVE Fridays.  Generally we have nothing to do and nowhere to go.
Perfect!

And I get to spend time with Lillian.
Lately she's taken an interest in baking and is always asking if we can make bread or cookies.
I'm usually on board with this.

Friday night is also our stay-at-home movie night with all the kids, so Lillian and I thought it would be fun to make some Muddy Buddies.



They are just so tempting, all spread out on the counter.
I tried to appease Lillian (and myself) with a banana,


but then relented and let her have some Muddy Buddies.
We needed some quality control, right?


Next we made some Smore's Cookie Bars.

Oh my!
These call for Marshmallow Creme, which I can eat straight out of a jar with a spoon!
Add in the chocolate bars, and a surprisingly good graham cracker cookie layer and it was a heavenly treat!



Mmm...delicious marshmallow creme!  It's really a good thing we had friends to help us eat these that night.

Now during this baking extravaganza, Mason was peacefully playing.
And making a HUGE mess.

She got into our game cabinet and pretty much tossed every piece to every game we own all over the family room.

But very quietly.  I had no idea she had been doing this.  In the room next to me, where I could see her if I turned my head slightly, no less.


But at least since it was Friday, and I had nowhere to go, we got that cleaned up nice and quickly.


So apparently Mason has mastered these toddler-proof locks, and I should keep a better eye on her.

2 comments:

The Brown Life said...

Friday is our stay at home movie night too! I love them!

Natalie said...

You made me really hungery and miss your great baking skills. Those rolls you make are so good! I try, but yours are way better. I love the idea of Friday family movie night.