Thursday, May 26, 2011

Morning Nap

Poor Colten.
He's had a much different beginning to his life than his older brother and sister.

With each of the older ones, nap time was sacred.
We didn't go anywhere or do anything when it was nap time.

I was the sleep nazi.
My babies were going to take naps in their beds at home for at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Three times a day.

Not so with Colten.
He has spent his first 5 months in his carseat.
He's done well with it, and is a sweet, happy baby in spite of it, but doesn't sleep very well in his bed because of it.

His naps are an hour.
If I'm lucky.

Well, no longer.
Lillian had her last day of preschool today, so I don't have to spend 2 hours of my day taking her to and from preschool.

We can stay home and teach Colten how to sleep!
I'm thinking there might be a lot of crying in my next few weeks.
Mine and Colten's.

Then my poor baby won't be so exhausted that he falls asleep in a pile of laundry.



 (The laundry pictures remind me of this story, though.  And that's a good laugh.)



Such a little sweetie.

1 comment:

The Brown Life said...

He is so sweet. I have heard that from so many moms. Life in a carseat! I hope you are doing well.