Monday, May 2, 2011

Tummy Time

As a mother, I fail at tummy time.
All four of my older kids.  Seriously.

I think I did OK with Cayden.  He was my only responsibility when he was a baby, so I could put him on his tummy and play with him and practice rolling.

In fact, Cayden was the only one who started rolling at the proper age (6 months).  The three girls only started rolling when the started crawling (9, 10 or 11 months).  I think because the rolled and crawled so late, the walked late.  Ashton was the earliest walker at 14 months, but Cayden, Lillian and Mason were all at about 17 months.  And our babies weren't lightweights - it got hard hauling them all over the place!

So with Colten Andy and I vowed that we'd be better.

HA!

We have made an concerted effort to give Colten his tummy time.  We've put him on his tummy at least a few times...

Here's the proof:





I still don't think we're going to have an early roller, crawler or walker.
But at least he doesn't scream at me the moment I put him on his stomach.

AND when I took him in for his 4-month check up and the doctor observed him on his stomach, she said he was doing just fine.

So I guess we're not failures. 


And look, Mason can do tummy-time without screaming now, too!
And she's pretty good at entertaining Colten when he's stuck on his tummy.

No comments: