The second day the Stones were visiting we went up to Mount Vernon.
George Washington was a pretty inspiring and innovative guy, and his home and grounds are beautiful, but since I was already pretty familiar with all of it, I just got to be entertained with all the kids.
Lillian and Maryn were inseparable throughout the visit. They had similar likes and interests, so really had a grand time together.
Cayden and Seth are the same age and seemed to bond over their respective Pinewood Derby experiences. It was so nice that there was actually another boy Cayden's age! It seems like we are always surrounded by either girls, or boys a lot younger than Cayden. That, combined with Cayden's independent personality generally leave him the odd man out. So I was really happy that he had fun with Seth.
Ashton, however, felt a little left out. She's the social butterfly, and thrives on being the center of attention.
She had a few pout episodes.
I just thought they were funny. We encouraged her to go join in, and eventually she did.
No comments:
Post a Comment