Wednesday, September 14, 2011

August = Birthday Month

Lillian 5:

Lillian's birthday fell on a Sunday this year, so it was a pretty quiet day.
She was super excited to wear her new birthday outfit from Grandma Kaye to church, though.



She asked for a Red Velvet Cake (with encouragement from Ashton), shaped like a heart.
Well, I forgot about the heart, but she was happy nonetheless.


Lillian is so sweet and loving.  She's sensitive, but independant.  She makes friends wherever she goes and draws people to her.

We love our cutie-pie five-year-old.



Cayden 9:

Cayden's birthday is 6 days after Lillian's, so it fell on a Saturday this year.  Perfect for having a party, right?  Nope.

This year I got to run a 5k with some friends in the evening, so Cayden got to celebrate his birthday by cheering us on!  He made a pretty good cheerleader, too.

He wanted cupcakes for his birthday.  I thought that sounded kind of boring, and unappealing, so I found a fun little recipe for Peanut Butter Cup cupcakes.  Not too shabby!


This kid cracks us up.  For a month or more he had been searching out lego Star Wars sets, and making birthday wish lists.  When I was shopping for Lillian's birthday he came with me, pen and paper in hand, so that he could make his list.  I had to make sure that he knew that these lists were just suggestions, not a comprehensive list of everything he'd get!

He had fun, and I enjoyed watching him at work.


Andy 33:

Andy's birthday is days after Cayden's.  Andy had the excitement of have a very rare Virginia earthquake occur on his birthday.  Whoo hoo!  EXCITING!
Not really.


We did fill his cake up with 33 candles.


Which he blew out in one breath.  Hope he wished for something good!


Whew!  Done for this year.

Happy Birthday guys!

No comments: