September 6, 2011: The first day of a new school year, and Lillian's first day of Kindergarten!
She was pretty excited to go to school with Cayden and Ashton.
It's really nice that this is our third year living here, and my kids know the school routine. Everything was really easy to fall back into, and Lillian felt like an old pro, on her first day of school.
(Here are the boys' haircuts, too!)
Mason felt a little sad that she wasn't going to school, too. She had been saying all summer that she was going to Kindergarten like Lillian. Then the older kids convinced her that she had to go to preschool before kindergarten, so then she was convinced that she was going to preschool. Nope. I'm taking a break this year.
But we'll have lots of fun at home together.
We were pretty early, getting ready for school that first day, so I had time to take lots of pictures.
I love our school. We really lucked out when we choose where to live. I didn't even consider the schools at all, because we figured that coming from Mississippi, any school would be better. But even still, after being here for a few years, we've realized just how good our school is.
And I love that we are just down the street, and that I can walk the kids to and from school, and can pop in whenever I want to. I love being so close to them during the day.
I couldn't get over how small Lillian looked, wearing her backpack down the street. I do not remember Ashton or Cayden looking this small!
This year Cayden is in 4th grade, Ashton in 2nd, and Lillian in Kindergarten.
Ashton got Cayden's 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Vick, and Lillian got Ashton's Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Bravata. We thought it was pretty funny that we know two of our teachers so well already.
Lillian had wanted Mrs. Bravata, so she was pretty excited about that. And Mrs. Bravata loved Ashton, so she was pretty thrilled that she got Lillian too!
Lillian walked into the school like she owned the place. She knew exactly where to go and what to do. She showed no sign of nervousness at all. I love that Lillian just goes and does, with no sign of hestitation. She is such a sweet girl, and is going to have a wonderful time in school.
I'm going to miss her.
I'm so excited for my kids to be in school. I loved school, and the excitement of each new year, and I'm glad that I can feel that for them. I'll miss them each day. I tear up, every year when they start again. But they love school, and are so happy.
And as for Mason, she got to start her first dance class that morning.
She was pretty excited, saying that she got to go to her dance recital.
Cute girl.
We'll have lots of fun, Mason, Colten and I.
No comments:
Post a Comment