This school year has gone SO fast, but at the same time, SO slow!
After we moved to Virginia last July, it seems like we waited forever for school to start.
September 8 finally rolled around and Cayden was off to 2nd Grade, and Ashton to Kindergarten.
Quickly we passed through Halloween, Thanksgiving, and then it started snowing and it seemed like we didn't have school until March, then it was Spring, and around came May.
Then things really started to draaaaagggg.
I'm not used to kids going to school until the end of June, so that last month was rough for me!
But June 18th came around and we had made it!
2nd Grade and Kindergarten finished!
Here's Cayden off to school on his last day as a 2nd grader.
Ashton, unfortunately, had thrown up the night before. Of course she was fine, bathed, dressed and bouncing off the walls when it was time to go to school, but I didn't think I should let her. So she and the little girls stayed home while I walked Cayden to the school.
We were so pleased with all Cayden learned and accomplished in 2nd Grade, and he LOVED it!
I walked into the school with Cayden so that I could go talk to Mrs. Bravata, Ashton's teacher.
She was heartbroken that she wouldn't get to say goodbye to Ashton. She adored her!
Ashton was also supposed to participate in the Zero Hero Celebration that day, since she had gone the whole year without signing the red dicsipline book.
So Mrs. Bravata convinced me that it would be OK for Ashton to come to school and do those things, since she was feeling well at home.
So off I went to grab Ashton.
Ashton was pretty excited to get her 'last day of school'.
And she was pretty excited to have ice cream for breakfast at her celebration!
I guess she was allright after all.
I did take her home with me, after she gave her teacher a hug.
We went to the grocery store to pick up treats for Cayden's class.
Then we went back to school, had lunch with Cayden and his class, passed around cupcakes to celebrate his Summer birthday, and finally went home.
Whew! What a busy day! But lots of fun.
I'm so proud of my big kids.
And I can't believe that they're already going to be in 3rd and 1st grades!
1 comment:
Aww... so glad Ashton could go to the celebration. I can't believe how long her hair has grown in only one year. Wow!
Post a Comment