Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Food Appreciation

Lillian has been quite adventurous in her food choices lately.
And I love it!
All of our kids usually will eat what we put in front of them, but sometimes it is usually accompanied by whines and complaints of "I don't like this!"
Then we make them eat it anyway.
But not Lillian!
She usually likes it all.

On our last Thursday together, before the older kids got out of school I took the little girls, in the midst of our errand-running, and stopped in to Panda Express.

Now I LOVE Chinese food.  Andy does too.  And we've been searching for a good Chinese restaurant since we left Colorado.  We didn't even like the ones in Hawaii.

I think we've figured out that we don't actually like Chinese food.  We like American Chinese food.

So YEA for Panda Express, and when we have the time and money, P.F. Changs!

Well, Lillian had never been to Panda Express, or had much Chinese Food.  But I figured we'd try it before school ended and we were stuck with McDonald's if we wanted lunch out.


And Lillian loved it!
What's not to love about their Orange Chicken.
(I think my niece used to call it 'Candy Chicken' when we lived in Hawaii.)

In fact, she kept repeating that over and over.  "I LOVE this, Mom!  YUMMY!"
Thank goodness for my sweet girl, who allows me to go where I want!

Mason did OK too.
She can be picky off and on, but is usually happy when I give her something good to drink.


Now a funny story about Mason, while we were there.

She has recently noticed that her diapers have Mickey Mouse on them.  And since she can actually say "Mickey", she gets really excited about them.

I let Lillian choose our seat while I was getting the food, and Mason was following me around.  When I turned my back on her to get the high chair, I guess she lifted her dress to look at Mickey. 
When I turned around, I saw her standing in the middle of the restaurant, with her dress up to her chest, completely naked underneath.

I was seriously so surprised. None of my kids have EVER taken their diapers off by themselves, let alone in public!  But she had done it!  I was always glad that I didn't have to duct-tape my kids into their diapers like some of my friends have had to do.

I scanned the floor for her diaper, and it was sitting by the door.  Some poor man was just stepping over it to walk out the door.  He didn't appear to be too disturbed, though.
Thankfully it was only a slightly used, unoffensive one.

But still, it was sitting in the middle of the floor and Mason was standing naked. 
And there were a bunch of teenage boys watching.  I was embarrased. 
So I quickly gathered it up, and strapped it back on her.

And to Mason's defense, she was looking pretty surprised to find herself missing her diaper.  I don't think she intended to take it off, but was just grabbing it to see Mickey.

Silly girl.

Anyway, back to our meal.


Good stuff.  I'm ready to go back.
Even if I have to force it on Cayden and Ashton.
And duct-tape Mason into a diaper.

1 comment:

Brittany Crane said...

That is a great story about Mason taking off her diaper. I'm glad you recorded it so you can embarrass her later. haha Not that you would of course!