Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thunderstorm

Lillian is a little afraid of thunderstorms.  
 If she sees the dark clouds gathering, she always asks if it's going to thunder.
If she's outside and she hears thunder, she runs crying inside.
If she's inside, she stands at the door or window, nervously watching until it passes.
Cayden and Ashton have no patience for this.  They ask her why she has to be such a baby.
Poor Lillian. 
We're working on it, telling her that she's safe inside if there's a thunderstorm.
We've had a few doozies lately.
One night last week we had a storm that was so loud it woke me and kept me up for a few hours.
  Thankfully not Lillian!
I'm sure she'll grow out of it soon enough, and be just as tough as Cayden, Ashton and all the other big kids.
But as for now, I don't mind when she runs to me for protection.



This look tells you exactly how she feels!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

How sweet. :) This totally make me miss the Virginia thunderstorms. There were so many and they were awesome. Except when we were out in them.

Sasha said...

I was petrified of thunderstorms when I was a kid. I would pull all my blankets and pillow and sleep in the hallway because I was so scared of the lightning. I feel Lillian's pain!