Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Happy 31 To Me!

May 30th was my 31st birthday; one year past my golden...

It's hard to believe that I'm up there already.  I'm sure my parents find it hard to believe 2 of their kids are in their 30's now; they still seem too young!

Most of the time I still wish I was in my 20's.  Why does 30 and beyond seem so old? 
Oh well, I'm sure in about 9 years I'll be looking fondly on my early 30's!

So here are some things I've already done at this point in my life:
I've been married, happily, for almost 10 years
I graduated from college
I went back to college
I have 4 kids
I'm working on my 5th
I've lived in some really cool places including Spain, Colorado, Hawaii and Virginia
I've traveled to some even cooler places
I have GREAT friends all over the world
I have a testimony of the Gospel
I've loved - people, places and things
I'm loved
I'm happy

So my life at 31 is pretty darn great.


And my birthday was a pretty good one.  I got to spend it with my family and good friends.  The night before we left all 8 kids with a babysitter and went out to Outback for dinner, and saw a movie.
Earlier on my birthday, after the kids' water fight, we loaded up all the kids and went to see a matinee of Shrek 4.  Julie made Goulash (sounds like an awful Eastern European meal, but was really good! And I need the recipe, ahem Julie?) for dinner, and I made my family's favorite Oreo Ice Cream Dessert for my birthday treat.  Plus we had that strawberry pie...
So all in all, a good day.


Happy Birthday to me!

No comments: