The best Christmas present of them all...
But since that probably wouldn't have gone over so well with the kids, I guess we had to do a bit more.
(But he was definitely sufficient for Andy and I.)
We had a good, quiet Christmas Eve this year.
We had a yummy ham feast and got to spend the evening at home with some good friends. In fact, it was the same friends we spent last Christmas Eve with!
When you live so far away from family, and have 5 kids who make it difficult to travel home for holidays, your friends become your family.
I love our friends.
After we read the Nativity story from Luke, and talked about the Savior's birth, Cayden read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas to Ash and Lills.
Mason had long since asked to go to bed...
I cleaned the kitchen, and the kids got to open a present, as was tradition in Andy's family growing up.
Lillian could not stand the wait and opened her present way before she was supposed to.
Mason still doesn't really get, or care about opening presents, so didn't miss too much as she was sleeping away in her bed.
After we put the big kids to bed, we got Santa's cookies and hot chocolate ready.
Funny how we included one of Andy's favorite cookies, (frosted sugar) and one of mine (chocolate mint)...
Well, we must have been pretty good this year because Santa visited us!
YEA!
We were left with so many fun things that the kiddos stockings were too full to hand up! In fact, they crashed to the ground, breaking the poor reindeer's ear.
But Dad and Mom's were able to be left up by the fireplace.
Maybe we weren't as good as the kids?
No, I'd say we were all extremely blessed this Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment