With our new baby due before Christmas, our kids were very concerned that we didn't have a stocking for him.
I didn't see that it was a problem; we weren't really planning on getting anything for him for Christmas anyway.
Really, what do you get a new baby, who has 4 older siblings?
But when my mom got here, she took control of things and made a stocking for that little boy.
The big kids could now rest easy, knowing that their little brother would not be forgotten on Christmas!
My mom is amazing, and she doesn't even think so.
She took a look at the stockings we already had, and our stocking holder, and came up with a design for the new one.
Then we went to JoAnn's, had fun picking out and buying fabrics, and she got to work.
She made this stocking for us in one afternoon.
I wish I had even a tiny bit of that talent...
This stocking holder was used for inspiration.
I think it turned out really cute.
So now we have a full SEVEN stockings, hung by the fireplace with care...
And here's Andy, sleeping through the fun. He had to stock up on his sleep before the baby got here!
Whatever, Andy ALWAYS has to stock up on his sleep!
Thank you MOM! We sure were spoiled while you were here!
Can you come back yet?
2 comments:
I wonder if I would recognize an Andy on a couch if it wasn't sleeping. hehehe k.
I love it! I haven't even made stockings for any of my kids. I bought a very cheap one for each, and decorated it with ribbon and stuff. My goal is to make them a stocking before next year.
Post a Comment