My mom texted me this picture of our backyard as we were getting ready to bring Colten home from the hospital.
Our first snow of the year!
It started snowing at about 10am, and snowed steadily through the day, and we ended up with maybe 5 inches, nothing major. But I'm always entertained how this area reacts to a little bit of snow.
You would think we had a major blizzard!
I received 4 phone calls that morning, telling me that school was being dismissed early, and then cancelled for the next day.
We left the hospital at 12:30, and ran into this line of traffic, leading off the base:
We sat in traffic for an hour before we finally got off base, and then spent another hour just to make it home.
Colten slept the whole way, snug and warm in his carseat.
We made it home right as school was dismissing.
It was so good to be home again! I never enjoy my hospital stay and try to get out of there as quickly as possible. It was really nice to get home to my mom, my kids and my house.
Ashton and her friends got busy playing right away.
They built a snowman in our front yard, pretty cute, huh?
Lillian loved playing in the snow fort.
Colten got to stay warm inside. I don't think he'll be enjoying the snow for a couple of years.
Just hanging out with Daddy.


No comments:
Post a Comment