Monday, November 8, 2010

Gettin' Crafty

We look forward, twice a year, to General Conference weekend.  Mostly to hear the words of the prophet and leaders of our church, but also because we can spend Sunday in our pajamas!
The kids, especially, love 'Church at Home'.

This year, they all broke out the craft/art things on Sunday morning.
(Well, they do this almost every morning, but this morning I didn't immediately rush them on to other things...)



Cayden made some Halloween themed decorations; Mason colored.


Ashton and Lillian put together a stained-glass bear that we've had for years.



 Mason colored some more, and Andy taught Cayden how to make origami bats (with a little help from the internet...).



I baked.  One of my favorite things to do.
Honey Whole Wheat bread,


and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread.


Ummm.  Gotta love a lazy Sunday morning.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I love General Conference Weekend! I want to come to your house and have you bake for me though!

katie beth said...

i missed being home for general conference weekend for exactly this reason... i miss lazy conference sunddays at my mom's! breakfast, church in pajamas, naps in between... best days ever.

(ps... i am totally going to to steal your wax paper idea for your pumpkin bread. i made it last week and broke one loaf in half trying to get it out of the pan. thank you, thank you!)

Natalie said...

Looks like a fun day in the Hunt home. Your bread looks fab! I will also use the wax paper tip, great idea! Miss you guys!