Saturday, November 6, 2010

It Only Took Two Years...

I've made a quilt for each one of my babies.
Cayden's was finished by his 1st birthday.
Ashton's before she was born.
Lillian's a few months after she was born.


Mason's took two years.
And I had TONS of help with it!


I started the blocks after she was born, when Andy's parents were visiting.
Andy's mom, Jean, is an amazing quilter, so it was fun to go over ideas with her.

I had the blocks finished by Christmas, and Jean hand appliqued the antennas (antennae?) on, then I sewed the blocks together, added the borders and it was ready to quilt.

My mom had it quilted, and together we found the perfect binding. 


And that's where I got stuck...
I didn't have quite enough fabric for the binding so my mom had to send me some more.
After that, we moved and I ran out of steam.

I had always had a goal to finish the quilt by Mason's 2nd birthday, and it was 95% done long before that, except for that darn binding.
When Jean was here for Cayden's baptism, she mentioned it, and said that she'd be happy to finish it up for me.
YEA!
Thank goodness for mother-in-laws!
Without her, it probably still wouldn't be done...


Jean sat and finished it in about two nights.
I'm pretty proud of that quilt.  I think it turned out pretty cute!

Although Mason doesn't really appreciate it much yet.
She will, though...

4 comments:

Hayley said...

It's beautiful!

Julie said...

It is perfect! I would LOVE to see a full photo of it. ;)

Bethany said...

I love this! Now I want to learn how to quilt. :) I also love the picture at the top of the page. You have such a beautiful family.

Valerie said...

Gorgeous quilt! I love it!