Andy is always in charge of pumpkin-carving at our house.
He enjoys the process.
I really don't...
Of course the kids all love it.
Andy finds all sorts of pumpkin designs online and lets them pick out what they want.
Cayden chose Bowser, Ashton Jack Skellington, and Lillian got Minnie Mouse.
Even Mason got in on the process this year.
Although standing on the edge of her chair was the most dangerous thing she did.
She was soon sent to bed.
Clearly, Cayden was very involved here.
These are the tiny pumpkins the little girls and I brought home from Lillian's field trip. I bought big pumpkins to carve, but Andy actually ended up carving this little ones a few days later.
I'm not a big fan of the mess, and pumpkin seeds all over the place, but Cayden, Ash and Lillian did a pretty good job scooping all the gunk out and keeping it contained.
Apparently Andy uses the activity to let out some frustration...
Here's Asthon's finished product. I actually did the cutting, so I did contribute beyond the photography!
Cayden's Bowser.
He loved his pumpkin, but unfortunately we had a pretty warm October and within days his pumpkin started molding and folding in on itself. We carved the pumpkins a week before Halloween, but poor Bowser didn't even make it that long. Cayden was devastated.
And all three finished. The kids had a great time with their pumpkins.
No comments:
Post a Comment