Saturday, November 6, 2010

Mason is TWO!

Our sweet little Mason turned 2 September 30.
However, we had to celebrate her birthday the next day, on Friday.
Andy said this might be a recurring theme with her as she grows up, because the end of the Navy fiscal year is her birthday every year, so that means late nights at work.

Oh well, this year she didn't know the difference.


Honestly, she really didn't know what the fuss was about, didn't really get excited about opening presents (although she LOVED what was in the wrapping!). 
But as expected, her older sister were very helpful unwrapping the presents for her.

She did get excited about the Red Velvet cake.
Ummm, delicious!
Red is the first color that she's been able to say and recognize consistently.


Doesn't she look so tiny here?
Even at 2, she's still our sweet little girl.










I love thinking about when Mason was born.
I'll admit, when I found out I was pregnant with her, I cried.
It seemed like it was just really bad timing then.  She was due to come right in the middle of Andy's 8-month long deployment to Japan, and I thought there was no way that I'd be able to 4 kids alone, not to mention actually having a baby alone!
Thankfully, that passed quickly.  I was excited to have another baby, and in the long run, I knew that it really wouldn't matter that Andy wasn't there for that tiny bit.  In fact, I think he was the one to miss out most when she was born.
Mason was due October 10, and I was excited about a Fall baby.  My mom was set to fly in the October 9, but I just knew that I wasn't going to make it that long, so my back-up plan was to have my sister-in-law, Marcie (it was so nice that they lived right across the street!), go to the hospital with me, while Jason took care of all the kids.
I went into labor September 29, right as I was going to sleep.  I kept trying to relax, and push things off.  I wasn't ready to have her yet.  I went to bed, but couldn't fall asleep until I had packed a bag for me, and the kids.  I woke up at 3am, and knew that there was no turning back.
I got up, emailed Andy in Japan, called my mom in Colorado at work, and took a shower.  Might as well look nice when the baby's born, huh?
I called Marcie and Jason at 4:30.  I talked to Andy on the phone for a little while, got the kids up, and walked them across the street.  Jason gave me a blessing, and Marcie and I left for the hospital.  We arrived at close to 6.  Mason was born right after 8am.  We called Andy right after she was born.
I just remember thinking at the time that I was glad that it was just before midnight in Japan, so that Mason was born on the same day for both me and Andy.  That way he'd have no excuse not to remember her birthday, even if he wasn't there!  And I was so glad that Marcie was willing to be there with me.  Families are such a blessing.
Andy got home from Japan 4 months later, and he and Mason quickly made up for lost time.
She's definitely a Daddy's girl now!

We love our Mason, and it is such a treat to have her in our family!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Love that girl!! She is SOOOO cute! Happy birthday Mason!