Thursday, March 25, 2010

Cayden, The Actor

Tuesday night was Cayden's 2nd Grade program.
All of the second grade classes put on a play for their parents to highlight some of the things they'd been learning in Social Studies this year.


It was pretty cute, Cayden was quite excited about it, and the girls were so impressed! 
He read over his part for weeks at home in preparation, and had Ashton and Lillian help him act out parts.

When it was his turn, he got up and said his part from memory.
I was impressed because I hadn't helped him learn his lines.
Honestly, I didn't even think about it...
He delivered his lines very quickly, but accurately. :)

They did a 'Night at the Museum' motiff where some famous Americans and Native Americans came to life in a museum as the students were on a tour.


Cayden's class got to talk about Abraham Lincoln, Helen Keller, Susan B. Anthony and Jackie Robinson.



(Sorry the pictures are so cruddy.  I forgot to bring the camera, and had to resort to using the iphone!  Just look for the cream and blue striped shirt, and you'll find Cayden.)

Cayden sure has had a lot of fun learning this year, and LOVED doing the play!

Now he's pretending that the toys in his room come to life each night, a la 'Night at the Museum'!
Typical Cayden stuff.

No comments: