I think Mason's favorite part of the day is when we head outside in the morning to walk Cayden and Ash down the street to school. She doesn't mind the cold like the rest of us do, and she loves to wave and say 'hi' to the other kids we pass.
This morning I decided to send the kids by themselves to school because I wasn't feeling well. I know... I should've sucked it up and gone anyway. I'm still feeling guilty... BUT the two little girls were sick and running fevers too. See, I AM being a good mother.
And it was cold. It's always cold lately.
Poor Mason was heartbroken.
When she saw the kids putting on coats and backpacks, she ran (well, toddled quickly) to get hers.
I waved the kids out the door; Mason tried to follow.
Poor baby, she looks so forlorn.
One of her shoes had come off, so she went to retrieve it for me to put it on so she could chase them down.
Wow. This girl has our routine down!
But like all babies, her attention was soon diverted, and the heartbreak of the morning forgotten, shoes abandoned.
But I think I should take the kids to school tomorrow. You know, to make up for my bad behavior today.
I love this girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment