For some reason I always find the gun-toting bee entertaining.
But I guess it IS the military...
The Marine Corps Band.
They were awesome!
(Military bands usually are...)
Jake and Julie at dinner.
Our speakers were Admiral Shear, Chief of Civil Engineers, and Admiral Roughhead, CNO of the Navy.
I really enjoyed what they had to say about the Seabees and the work their doing across the globe. I was grateful I got to be there.
I don't think I've ever been more proud to be a part of the Seabees.
With Pete and Andrea Benson.
With the Segallas.
I'm so glad we got our good friends to travel so far to come with us!
OK, we've got it together now.
Poor Julie's feet hurt...
...which led to conversations about shoes.
Hers were pretty,
Mine were not.
Andy's were shiny.
Lillian (of course) asked if we danced.
A little bit...
One thing that I always think is funny is that all the guys say "Happy Birthday" to each other.
The ball is for the Seabee's birthday, so I suppose it makes sense.
But it still sounds silly to me...
Oh well.
OO-RAH Seabees! Happy 68th Birthday!
1 comment:
Pretty dresses! It looks like your ball was a little more elegant than our drunken high school prom. :) Okay, I'm just jealous because I didn't get to go. I love the gold cummerbund.
Post a Comment