Monday, March 15, 2010

The Vanity of Lillian

Andy found Lillian crying in the bathroom yesterday and asked her what was wrong.

"I look silly in the mirror!" was her response amidst the tears.

Oh my. 

I didn't think we'd be dealing with this for another 5-10 years. 
And with Ashton, not Lillian, since she'll hit her teen years first.

But maybe Lills had something to cry about.

She did look a little bedraggled.

'Drowned Rat' was the look of the day.

Earlier she refused to let me comb her hair when she got dressed, insisting that she wanted Andy to do it instead. HA HA!


I was just giving her time to get over me doing it, and hadn't gotten around to fixing it yet.
I laughed and figured that that's what she gets when she insists that Daddy do her hair!

But I put her to rights before we left for church.
There's no way I would've let her go looking like that. 

I'm thinking she might have gotten her vanity from me?


The day was saved, and she was much happier.

Now the question is, how do I deal with a 3-year old's vanity?

1 comment:

Sasha said...

Oh dear! If I ever find Josh in the bathroom crying like that...I am going to be VERY worried!