I asked Cayden to clean his room this morning.
It's funny because technically he's supposed to clean his room every day, which he does.
Technically.
He makes his bed, and puts the toys in his closet, books in the bookshelf.
And there we have the problem. His room was clean; the closet was SO not.
We have bins, boxes, shelves and drawers for every toy we own. Really it shouldn't be hard to keep it neat; you take out a box, play with the toys, then pack 'em back up and replace the box in the closet. Simple.
Except that Cayden likes to take a few toys from this box and a few toys from that box, mix them in with some things from the girls' rooms and make a big 'ole disorganized mess.
So then when it's time to clean his room, he just shoves things wherever they fit in the closet.
So then when it's time to clean his room, he just shoves things wherever they fit in the closet.
He needed to get that mess under control this morning. He wasn't happy about it. He asked me to help.
I wasn't happy about it.
I told him that if he got to work, and worked till it was done, then I would stay and help till it was done.
So we got to work. Spent an hour. And made that closet of thing of orgnizational beauty.
I left him with instructions to keep it that way. I went to my room, started gathering my things to get ready.
Cayden came in.
"Mom, THANK YOU for helping me clean my room."
My heart totally melted. Two words, and it made the whole thing worthwhile.
THANK YOU, Cayden.
No comments:
Post a Comment