Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Phone Call

Cayden's going on a field trip tomorrow to George Mason University. 
That is, if it doesn't rain or snow and freeze tonight.
I got a phone call from the school today saying that if school is delayed tomorrow due to weather, the field trip will be canceled.  So I checked the weather report.  Rain/snow mix tonight and tomorrow with freezing temperatures.  Which in Virginia means that school is either delayed 2 hours or canceled.
Crazyness, in my opinion.
So far this school year we've had 11 snow days and 4 late start days.  I'm pretty sure that's twice the amount, or more, that I had through my many years of school in Colorado.

Now remember when I said I liked the snow?  Well I rescind that.  I'm done with snow for the year.

I'd like to wake up to this tomorrow:


Or at least this, since we're supposed to be creeping up on Spring in DC:


But most of all, I'd just like Cayden to be able to go on his field trip tomorrow.  It's his first one this year.  Ash has already been on two.  That's hard when you're a kid.


**UPDATE**
He got to go :)

2 comments:

k. said...

Ah, Hanauma. I have pictures of the National Mall like that taken with my own camera so dont give up hope. :) We are cloudy/rainy and COLD again here with kids home from school. k.

The Hunts said...

Do you ever miss Hawaii? I know it was rougher on you than on us, but some days I long to be there again. I am really looking forward to Spring here. I know this winter has been an anomally; and I loved the snow. But I'm cold, and am ready for it to warm up! We haven't been about low 40's in a couple of months, and it really feels colder here than in other places! Hope it warms for you also, and your kids get well.