Wednesday, April 14, 2010

'ASHTON'

Our car recently got labeled.




You're going to have to look really hard to see it in the pictures, but it plainly says 'Ashton'.

We discovered it the same day she did it.  I'm surprised I wasn't more upset that my 6-year-old daughter, who SHOULD have known better, took a screw and scratched her name into my car.
Yelling and screaming wouldn't have un-done the damage, so I guess I could only laugh, and be slightly entertained.  But I couldn't show her that...

She fessed up pretty readily.  After all, the evidence was right there.

Unfortunately after she was told what her consequences would be, she changed her tune and started claiming she hadn't done it.  HA!

Then, that she didn't know it was wrong.  Nice try.

My car has suffered some poor treatment lately.  Nicks, dings and scratches galore.
I love my car.  I wish we could get all the body work done and a new paint job.

But then it would just get banged up all over again.
*SIGH*

5 comments:

Julie said...

OH MY! Do tell, what were the consequences? I'm thankful that it happened to Andy and not Jake... I don't think he could be very gracious in that situation.

The Hunts said...

Ashton's life revolves around playing outside with her friends. That morning all of her friends were gone, so she couldn't play with them, and then when they got home we were leaving. So we had told her that she could play for a few hours after we got home, and before Cayden's soccer game. While we were out we discovered what she had done. So we told her that she'd have to stay inside that afternoon while Cayden and Lillian got to play with the other kids. She threw the biggest, loudest fit I have ever heard all the way home. So of course that didn't help matters. We didn't budge, and she was stuck inside, watching all the kids run around and eat popsicles outside. Hopefully she got the message. I have such a hard time choosing punishments. I was upset about the car, but there was nothing Ashton could do to make up for that. So we had to take away something that would mean something to her. I think I need a parenting class on appropriate punishments and coming up with them on the spot. Because I think if you take too long, it's no longer connected in their minds to what they did.

The Hunts said...

And Andy WAS pretty livid.

Julie said...

Yes, I know what you mean about punishments. That sounds like you picked the right one with Ashton. ;) (Or should that be a frowny face? I couldn't pick.)

Sally said...

Oh my........I think you did a great job with this one. i might have been over the top. Oh my........