Thursday, April 1, 2010

Oh, The Ice Cream Man

As a kid I loved the music tinkling through the neighborhood that announced the coming of the ice cream man!
Who didn't?

Well, no longer.


I think the ice cream man comes through our neighborhood every day.  He's a smart man...
He makes a killing here with all these kids. I'm surprised he doesn't come twice a day!

I don't think I ever got anything from the ice cream man.
Maybe once or twice, when I was fast enough to catch him with my own money.


These kids get ice cream every time they hear that truck. 

Asher, of course, runs inside to get her money. 
But she's generous.  She attempts to buy ice cream for ALL the kids with her four little quarters.
So either Andy or I take pity on her and treat the kids.
Or her friend up the street does.
Or our across-the-street neighbors' uncle bought some for everyone...

And this ice cream's expensive!  $1 and $2 each!

But how can you say no when they're just so cute?


So enjoy your treat kiddos.  I think we're out of cash for that ice cream man.
At least for a little while...

2 comments:

Bethany said...

The ice cream man drives down the road just on the other side of the fence from us. Our kids can hear him, but they can't get to him. I guess that's one benefit to living on base. I get to keep my quarters. :)

I love that your little girl wants to buy for everyone. That's so sweet.

Valerie said...

The ice cream man comes down our street at least once every day too! When Brendan heard it, he said "ice cream!" and I had no idea he knew what the ice cream truck sounded like. We got suckered into it too. :)